How to Use Coffee to Dye Hair – Not only is coffee a great stimulant in the morning, but it can also be used in your hair. It is a natural dye that highlights the shades of red and brown on dark hair and can even help cover and disguise the white wires. With coffee, you can give shine and dimension to the locks without using chemicals.
What do you need?
How to use coffee to color hair
- Make a pot of coffee, knowing that the stronger, the more dramatic the results.
- Pour the coffee into the bowl and let it cool completely so as not to burn.
- Brush hair well, removing knots and tangles. The coffee will cover more hair follicles if the wires are without knots.
- Dip your head into the bowl and use the cup to throw the coffee in the hair. Saturate the wires thoroughly with the drink, wetting them thoroughly with the liquid 15 times, which should take about 15 minutes.
- Twist your hair nicely over the basin or sink so as not to stain your floor or carpet.
- Let the coffee act on your hair for 15 minutes. Secure the wires if you want to avoid dripping on the ends. Do not wrap your hair in a towel, as it will absorb the liquid, taking the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Rinse your hair, dry it, and clean it as usual. Any white wires should have gone, and their wicks should be more vibrant.
Tips & Warnings
- Repeat the process if you did not achieve the desired results the first time. You may need several applications until you achieve the desired effect.
- Be careful when using this treatment on light hair. The effect of coffee can be instantaneous and dramatic in blondes. Test it on a wick before using it on the rest of the wires.