How to Charge a Motorcycle Battery – The motorcycle battery can discharge because it is deteriorated or because of external circumstances such as being too much time stopped at very low temperatures. If this is the case, it will be necessary to charge the motorcycle battery. You can do it yourself, but it is a task that has its risks, so you must be very careful during this procedure. On a website, we explain in detail how to charge a motorcycle battery.
You will need:
- Screwdriver, motorcycle battery charger.
Steps to follow:
- Before starting to charge the battery of your motorcycle, you must disconnect the terminals: first the negative and then the positive.
- If it is a battery that needs maintenance, you will have to remove the covers. Otherwise, it is not necessary to open the covers.
- You can then connect the cables from the charger, which should not yet be connected to the network. The red cable connects to the positive and the black cable to the negative.
- Then, connect the motorcycle battery charger to the mains.
- Regarding the load strength, calculate that it never exceeds one-tenth of the total capacity of the battery, so you should be clear about this. The process can last for 4 hours or more.
- Once the motorcycle battery is charged, remove the charger. When you reconnect the battery terminals , do so in the following order: first the positive pole and then the negative pole.