How to Fix Dry Mascara – Honestly, no costume would be hip-hop and be happening without mascara applied on the lashes. But when it gets dry, what are you going to do? Hiccup, mourn or fix it right there. We’ll explain how.
How does Mascara dry out?
It`s very simple. Mascara dries away when the air stays inside the mascara tube (when we are placing the wand into the tube). This, of course, causes the mascara to dry as much as anything.
The rule of thumb here is to avoid pumping the mascara in and out of the tube. This will stop pushing the air into it and prevent its drying.
When discarding Mascara?
All things have a shelf life and that applies to cosmetic products as well. Contrary to popular opinion, is the average life of mascara only 3 months? No, it`s not true. You can use mascara 6 months from the opening date. If it gets older then it is no use running the risk of bacteria and germs are likely to enter your eyes and lead to eye infection. So go for a new tube and keep fluttering your eyelashes.
Ways to prevent drying Mascara
There are many methods to go for fixing on dry mascara.
- Dry and clumpy mascara
- Coffee Mug
- Some water
- Contact solution (or olive oil)
Method (Step by Step):
- To begin with, put 2-3 drops of contact solution into the mascara tube.
- Take a look at the mascara to check if de-agglutination is happening.
- Close the lid and give the mascara tube a shake.
- If you still find gaps, fill the mug with water and heat it in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Now place the closed mascara tube in the mug and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Your new mascara is done and done!
Tricks on prevention Mascara drying
Take a glass in which you normally drink water. Fill it with warm water and soak the tube of mascara on it for a few minutes. Guess the result? Well, the heat will definitely soften the dried mascara making it fresh and new. If the mascara wand is dry, run it in hot water until it stays clean and put it back into the tube.
Put a few drops of saline used to clean contact lenses in the mascara tube. Roll the tube into your hands for a minute that will warm you up thus reducing clumps if any. Avoid placing excess saline in the mascara tube while diluting the solution.
Pour 2-pin shots of aloe vera into the mascara tube and shake it up a bit. This will make the mascara smoother.
Tips on buying and using Mascara
- Make sure that you close the mascara tube with force after use. Any amount of stepping air in the tube will make it dry and non-usable.
- Store the mascara tube in a cool and dark place.
- Check the date of manufacture of the mascara tube, regardless of whether you are buying online or off-line. Choose the tube that won’t be extinguished for a minimum of 1 year.
- Water-soluble masks are better off compared to those waterproof. That’s why they are easier to remove on the eyelids as against those waterproof and longer lasting.
- Never go to sleep with your mascara on. Remove it with a makeup remover before napping off. Or else, your eyelashes will fall off after awhile.